Aggregates for Driveways and Footpaths
Shingle / Gravel for Driveways
Should you be looking for a driveway, footpath or paved area with a ‘loose’ gravel/shingle finish then there is a wide range of Cotswold Chippings and Shingles, Flints or Quartz Shingles to choose from. These can be levelled out to a 40-50mm depth on a sub-base layer construction of Crushed Limestone or Type I.
The depth of sub-base and size of material used could depend on the site/ground conditions.
If you require a ‘bound’ surface then the 8mm Self Binding Path Gravel, compacted to a 40mm depth is ideal for wheelchair, cycles and trolley use.
Paving using blocks or slabs can be achieved using a bedding layer of Grade C / Sharp Sand on a compacted sub-base.
However should planning require you to use a porous paving system then this can be achieved using open graded clean stone then 6mm Limestone Chippings as the bedding layer.
Materials that could be used
- 20mm & 10mm Shingle
- 20mm & 10mm Oxford Blue Flint
- 20mm & 10mm Golden Flint
- 20mm &10mm Premier Quartz
- 20mm & 10mm Bubbenhall Quartz
- 20mm Cotswold Gravel Chippings
- 20mm Cotswold Limestone Chippings
- 20-5mm Carboniferous Limestone Chippings
- 8mm Self Binding Gravel
- 75-40mm , 40-20mm & 40-5mm Crushed Limestone
- MOT Type I & III
- 63-I0 Carboniferous Limestone